The DS3231 is a low-cost, high-accuracy I2C real-time clock (RTC) with an integrated temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal. The device includes a battery input to maintain accurate timing when mains power is removed. The integrated crystal improves the long-term accuracy of the device and reduces the number of components in the production line. The DS3231 is available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges and is available in a 16-pin 300mil SO package.
RTC saves seconds, minutes, hours, day of the week, date, month and year information. For months with fewer than 31 days, the date at the end of the month is automatically adjusted, including corrections for leap years. The working format of the clock can be 24 hour or 12 hour format with /AM/PM indication. Provides two programmable calendar alarms and a programmable square wave output. Address and data are transferred serially through the I2C bidirectional bus.
Precision, temperature-compensated voltage reference and comparator circuits monitor VCC status, detect power failure, provide a reset output, and automatically switch to backup power if necessary. In addition, the /RST monitor pin can be used as a manual input to generate a μP reset.
In addition to high timing accuracy, the DS3231 also has some other features that expand the additional functions and options of the system host. A very accurate digital temperature sensor is integrated inside the device, which can be accessed (like time) via the I2C* interface. The accuracy of this temperature sensor is ±3°C. On-chip control circuitry enables automatic power detection and manages power switching between primary and backup power sources (ie, low-voltage batteries). If mains power is lost, the device continues to provide accurate timing and temperature with no loss of performance. The on-chip reset function can be used to restart the system microprocessor when mains power is reapplied or the voltage value returns to within tolerance.
1. Size: 38mm(L)22mm(W)14mm(H)
2. Weight: 8g
3. Working voltage: 3.3–5.5V
4. Clock chip: high-precision clock chip DS3231
5. Clock accuracy: within the range of 0-40 °C, the accuracy is 2ppm, and the annual error is about 1 minute
6. With 2 calendar alarm clocks
7. Programmable square wave output
8. The real-time clock produces seconds, minutes, hours, days of the week, dates, months and years, and provides leap year compensation valid until 2100
9. The chip has its own temperature sensor with an accuracy of ±3°C
10. Memory chip: AT24C32 (storage capacity 32K)
11.IIC bus interface, the maximum transmission speed is 400KHz (when the working voltage is 5V)
12. Other IIC devices can be cascaded, the 24C32 address can be modified by short-circuiting A0/A1/A2, the default address is 0x57
13. With battery CR2032, to ensure that the clock still runs normally after the system is powered off
14. Packaging method: single anti-static packaging
Wiring instructions (take Arduino uno r3 as an example):
1. One DS3231 module (with CR2032 battery)